EPIK is a program affiliated with the Korean Ministry of Education aimed at improving the English-speaking abilities of Korean students and teachers, developing cultural exchange between Korea and abroad, and introducing new teaching methods into the Korean education system. EPIK invites responsible, enthusiastic native English speakers with a motivation to share their knowledge and language with Korean students and teachers to Korean public schools throughout the country.
What EPIK Teachers Do:
- Assist Korean teachers with their English classes, and/or jointly conduct English classes with Korean teachers, and/or extracurricular activities or English camps.
- Conduct English conversation classes for Korean students and teachers.
- Prepare teaching materials for English language education.
- Assist in developing teaching materials for English language education.
- Assist with activities related to English language education and other extracurricular activities.
- Demonstrate a good command of the English language, both written and spoken.
The application deadline for the fall term is in February, and spring term is in August. Learn more here: https://www.epik.go.kr/index.do
Be sure to read my interview with former EPIK teacher Maria.